Little Rock: ca. 1923-1927. Eleven items. Light wear and tanning. Overall, very good. Item #440
A representative group of materials published in the 1920s for use by the Women of the Ku Klux Klan. After the Klan was officially reformed in 1915, a women's branch of the organization was founded in Little Rock in 1923. The principal material present here comprises five pamphlets with rules, oaths, ceremonies, and music for group meetings. They are as follows:
1) The Code of the Flag As Adopted by the National Flag Conference... [cover title]. Little Rock: Parke-Harper Publishing Co., . 16pp. Stapled self wrappers. Small chip at top edge of final leaf.
2) Constitution and Laws of the Women of the Ku Klux Klan, Adopted by the First Imperial Klonvocation at St. Louis, Missouri, on the Sixth Day of January, 1927. Little Rock: H.G. Pugh & Company, . 71,,pp. Original printed wrappers, stapled.
3) Installation Ceremonies, Women of the Ku Klux Klan. [Little Rock]: J.F.H. Co., [1923?]. pp. Original printed wrappers, stapled.
4) Musiklan. Little Rock: Parke-Harper Publishing Co., . pp. Original printed wrappers, stapled.
5) Second Degree Obligation First Section. Property of Women of the Klu Klux Klan [cover title]. [Little Rock. 1923?]. pp. Original printed wrappers, stapled.
Accompanying these are six ephemeral pieces that include a triplicate application form for the "Second Degree" level of the Women's Klan, a notice of admission to the Klan, examples of payable and receivable receipts, a piece of "Tri-K-Klub" letterhead, and an "Imperial Passport" allowing the bearer to attend the meetings of other Klaverns. Quite uncommon as a group.