Mexico City: Antonio Vanegas Arroyo, [ca. 1900-1920]. Five small pamphlets, each 8-16pp. Light wear and a few short closed tears, minor toning and occasional foxing. A few leaves roughly opened, some leaves unopened or uncut. Very good. Item #3282
A nice group of chapbooks for Mexican children, printed by Antonio Vanegas Arroyo and the heirs of his press during the first two decades of the 20th century. The covers are illustrated by José Guadalupe Posada in his familiar style, and the works themselves include examples of short theatricals and collections of popular songs and stories. The works present here are as follows:
1) Galeria del Tea[t]ro Infantil: 1a. Parte La Rosa Encantada [cover title]. Mexico: La Test. A.V. Arroyo, [ca. 1920]. 9 [i.e. 10]pp.
2) Galeria del Teatro Infantil: 2a. Parte La Rosa Encantada [cover title]. Mexico: La Test. A.V. Arroyo, [ca. 1920]. 10pp.
3) El Placer de la Niñez: Coleccion de Monologos. En la Cocina. Mexico: Publicados por A. Vanegas Arroyo, [ca. 1918]. 8pp.
4) El Placer de la Niñes: Coleccion de Monologos. Mexico: Publicados por A. Vanegas Arroyo, [ca. 1918]. 7,pp.
5) La Aurora del Nuevo Dia en los campos de Belem. Mexico: Edicion por A. Vanegas Arroyo, ca. 1918]. 15,pp.
A small but representative collection of Posada-Arroyo material, illustrating their influential work in the realm of popular children's works during this period.