Louisville: 1928.  leaves. Oblong, narrow octavo. Blueprint self-wrappers with blue paper spine, enclosing blueprint contents. Light wear to spine and corners, some wear to wrappers. Contemporary ownership inscription on front cover. Internally clean. Very good. Item #1134
Profile guide map for the Birmingham Mineral Railroad, operating at this time under the name of its parent company, the Louisville and Nashville Railroad. Printed in blueprint, the volume opens with a map of the entire line from Montgomery north to Birmingham and looping to the north and east through Talladega and Gadsden. There follow detailed maps of the line indicating culverts, depots, and other features on the route. These maps are provided for the Columbiana Branch, the Marbleton Branch, the Lumberton Spur, the Rock Springs Spur, the Self Creek Branch, the Long Branch Coal Railroad, the Graystone Branch, and the Huntsville No. 2.
The Birmingham Mineral Railroad was chartered as a division of the Louisville & Nashville Railroad in 1884, designed to freight coal and other minerals from mines in the region. The Huntsville No. 2 Branch opened in 1889, from Birmingham to the Champion Mines. Many of the Red Mountain mines were abandoned by the Great Depression, and the railroad was slowly dismantled throughout the 1930s and 1940s. We find no record of this title in OCLC, and suspect it was produced in a limited number for internal use.